The 20 Best Men’s Blogs
The proliferation of the men’s blogosphere over the last few years has resulted from an increase in both high quality men’ style and lifestyle blogs. While our blog at The Dark Knot is devoted towards men’s style, the list below is broken down into both style and lifestyle blogs. These content portals are true testaments to the power of sustained quality over a long period of time.
So how have I come up with this list? Sure, rankings such as Alexa can give us a proxy as to a site’s traffic. But more than that, it is the quality of content that these gentlemen put out and the level of passion that they pour into their work. They have definitely been inspirational for me, and continue to provide great content week in and week out, if not daily!
Top 10 Men’s Style Blogs
While the growth of style blogs has resulted in an emergence of portals that focus generally on either article based blogging, providing a resource for men’ fashion, and those that focus more on imagery and curated looks, our experience has been that the best style blogs are able to successfully merge the two.
With that said, here is the first part of our 20 best men’s blogs:
- Real Men Real Style – Antonio Centeno at Real Men Real Style has created the ultimate go to resource guide for men looking to dress well. Addressing both broader and very intricate topics, Antonio has a great way of concisely presenting steps men can take to improve their style and image. His vast array of articles and videos (he has an extremely extensive YouTube channel) truly makes his brand the most comprehensive men’s style blog out there.
- Articles of Style – Dan Trepanier, formerly of The Style Blogger, has recently revamped his portal and renamed it Articles of Style. As a gentleman who has been named by Esquire as ‘America’s Best Dressed Real Man’, Dan has taken his fashion sensibilities and applied them to his portal in a grand way. Articles of Style is largely divided into four areas: Menswear 101, Style Guide, Editorials and Profiles, so that aspiring dapper gentlemen can build a real wealth of style knowledge and then see how it is being applied by dapper gentlemen and infuencers. After all of that has been done, this can be incorporated first hand using their style guide.3. Ask Andy About Clothes – One of the best men’s style resources out there. Andy Gilchrist has created one of the best style communities and forums on the web, with an engaged audience, great style tips and detailed product reviews. Andy Gilchrist is a true gentleman and his passion for his work is evidenced in this content heavy site that will never leave you short of style advice.4. Dappered – Dappered is a unique blog in that it provides an excellent resource for men regarding style tips, along with providing recommendations on what to wear and a curation of some of the best deals around on the internet. Joe and his team are most definitely doing a fantastic job over at Dappered!5. Effortless Gent – Barron Cuadro with Effortless Gent has created a phenomenal guide to helping men find their sense of style, while providing stylistic tips along the way that are pretty much indispensable. By condensing down men's style essentials, Effortless Gent is a definite go to guide for any gentleman looking to refine his sense of style. 6. Fashion Beans – With a huge array of articles covering a wide breadth of topics related to men’s formal wear and more casual fashion, this is an excellent repository of knowledge regarding style that all aspiring dapper gents can and should turn towards.7. Image Granted – Grant Harris over at Image Granted runs a men's style blog in addition to his menswear consultancy. Just a quick browse through his site will clearly indicate to you that men’s style is something that he is extremely passionate about, and it is evidenced through the quality of his content and the manner in which he strives to help gentlemen dress better. A unique aspect of Grant’s blog is that you almost feel like you are joining him on his stylistic journey. That super personal touch always seems to help!8. Put This On – A great blog dedicated to helping men dress like grownups. With a vast array of style advice and knowledge and fantastic tips to help you dress better without breaking the bank, Put This On is one of the best men’s style blogs out there on the web. 9. The Modest Man- While this blog is considered more niche then most men’ style blogs, as it caters to men of modest height, Brock McGoff has done an excellent job in creating content that highlights ways in which shorter men can use clothing to accentuate their attributes while keeping true to themselves. This blog is a must see resource guide for shorter men who have been longing for style advice that caters to their body type.10. Kinowear – As an online image consultancy, Kinowear also happens to deliver high quality style advice on a regular basis. The guys at Kinowear not only introduce us to essential manly style tips, but happen to show us great products while doing so. It really is a win win situation!
Top 10 Men’s Lifestyle Blogs
While the above list show us great men’s style blogs out there that have provided us and will continue to provide us with great content for years to come, the below list comprises blogs that cater to a vast array of men’s interests and lifestyle topics.
- Art of Manliness – Run by Brett McKay, what makes the Art of Manliness unique, is that in addition to providing great content on many topics related to transforming oneself into a gentleman, from relationships, to fitness and style, among other topics, Brett and his team make their content compelling by often comparing how modern day standards stack up against what real gentlemen from generations gone by would have done. The content is presented in a compelling way, often with great videos and accompanying infographics. This site is a must visit.
- Primer Magazine – run by Andrew Snavely, Primer Magazine is one of the most extensive guides out there helping college men transition into the ‘real world’, if not the most extensive. In addition to providing a great resource base regarding men’s style, Andrew’s team provides great visual content through compelling infographics, and has a whole array of content devoted to helping aspiring gentlemen in general, covering topics including relationships, lifestyle, investing, career, personal development, fitness and more. This is just an all around great resource for men.
- The Art of Charm – While not a traditional lifestyle blog, I have included The Art of Charm in here as its goal is life transformative, in every aspect. Ditch cheesy programs designed to supposedly change your life, and embrace these guys. A program whose core value is transformation from within, Jordan Harbinger and his team are pioneering the way for increased self confidence through inner transformation. Whether you are looking for improvement in your dating life, your personal development, career or business progression, these guys will help walk you through limiting beliefs and areas that are holding you back. Break through for true inner power!
- I Am Alpha M – Aaron Marino has created a site centered around his extensive video content, that has three pillars: style, grooming and fitness. His extensive array of topic coverage along with his honesty and endearing personality make this site a great go to guide for men looking to make improvements in their life. This guy is a must see / read!
- Gentleman’s Gazette – Raphael Schneider’s keen eye for attention to detail with everything that he comes into contact with, along with his deep knowledge of the evolution of men’s style through generations, makes this a truly unique and informative blog. With incredibly insightful product reviews, detailed insights into style trends and articles covering men’s lifestyle topics such as cocktails, this is a great site for those of you who really like to dive deep into any given topic.
- Gear Patrol – While Gear Patrol has come to prominence as a buying guide for men, this digital online magazine covers a range of topics related to men’s lifestyle, allowing men to discover ideas and experiences. Gear Patrol is definitely worth checking out!
- The Mitchelli - While The Mitchelli or The Modern Gentleman largely focuses on style, Steve Mitchell does cover grooming quite well also. His story is interesting, having used his disciplinary background in the British Army to foster a sense of discipline with his respect to style. With that said, he suggests a variety of stylistic advice, all while indicating that as aspiring dapper gentlemen, we should pay meticulous attention to our clothing.
- Mantelligence – An all round men’s lifestyle site, Mantelligence truly considers what it is that makes a man a real man, and helps guide us through our journey. With a range of quality listicles that would make Buzzfeed froth at the proverbial mouth with envy, Kyle Boureston happens to release quality content on a consistent basis. Furthermore, his Mantelligence app is a great way to engage in developing your understanding of all things manly!
- The Distilled Man – Our second Kyle on this list but definitely on par with Mantelligence in terms of quality content, the Distilled Man covers overall lifestyle and offers excellent courses for gentlemen looking to improve themselves. With an array of topics covered from grilling to mixing cocktails to style, along with overall attitude to life and in social situations, Kyle covers it all. His YouTube channel clearly brings across his endearing personality and makes you really trust the source of this great content.
- George Hahn – Whether you are looking for grooming tips, style advice or a general lifestyle resource, George Hahn’s got it all covered. Need tips, product reviews and more? Fret not, you will find it here. In addition to strong, compelling content, his beautifully designed site will have you going back for more. Over and over.
And that’s our 20 Best Men’s Blogs! While I know that we do not have enough hours in a day to diligently follow all of these, I would suggest that you pick a few that you like and subscribe to them so as to receive great content on a regular basis!
If you've been following any of these blogs, I would love to hear your thoughts about which ones are your favorites! Thanks for having taken the time to read this comprehensive list.